Friday, January 30, 2015

My favorite smoothies

     Who loves a good smoothie? I was never a smoothie kinda girl, but the last few years of trying to feel better, get healthier, and get more of the good stuff into my system, has had me looking for new and yummy ways to do just that! I am a creature of habit and I just cannot eat or drink anything that taste nasty, even if it IS good for me...nope..can't do it! It took  me awhile to figure out the best combinations and recipes that I could and did look forward to drinking on a regular basis.

     The first thing I did was to buy the equipment that I needed and then researched all the various websites online that could possibly tell me what to do and what kinds of foods to use and for what purpose they served. Yeah...that took some doing and a lot of experimenting, but I finally figured out what I liked and I ran with that (not really, I never run unless I'm scared)! There are a million different ways and combinations to make smoothies that you like and that are good for you too!

     Here are just a few that are my go to smoothies:

This one is my favorite!

Chop a bunch of strawberries
a bunch of fresh pineapple
a handful of spinach
a plash of naked juice or your favorite juice
a sprinkle of chia seeds
a sprinkle of bee pollen
and then fill to the line with coconut water or you can use just plain water

mix well and enjoy!

     Another favorite that I like to do for breakfast is:

A cup of oatmeal
a chopped apple
a banana
a tsp. of cinnamon
fill to live with your favorite kind of milk, whether it be regular milk, almond or coconut milk
blend and enjoy!


For a veggie smoothie:

I like to use celery, tomatoes, spinach, onion, parsley, bell pepper and even a jalapeno if you like that and fill to line with water, add a little salt and pepper and blend well!

     These are just a few variations and some, sadly, have had to be changed because of my illness, but look it up, play with it, and see what happens. It's a great way to get extra fruits and veggies into your body that you would otherwise just not eat or consume because of you busy schedule or lack of time in cooking or whatever it is that keeps you from eating them. I hope you enjoy these!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie,

    I saw a guest blog post you wrote on Thyroid Nation. My wife has been diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism, on top of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome... Yipee.

    We wanted to know who your doctor is that suggested you can use medical marijuana with your hyperthyroidism. We're looking for medical guidance for her to be able to use MMJ for insomnia and chronic pain, but we don't know if it's safe with Hyperthyroidism.

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete