Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Turkey meatloaf Dinner



One of our favorite dinners here in my house is Turkey meatloaf and it is so good and so easy to make. I have to admit that it was not something I thought we would like at all being the meat lovers that we are, but after getting sick with Graves and Hashi's, red meat became something that made me feel really bad at times and it just wasn't worth feeling sick and bloated after eating red meat. I had to experiment with it a few times and some was good and some was, well...just yuck. I finally found a recipe that works for me and my hubby, which was really the true test, being that he is a lover of all things meat!


Turkey Meatloaf:

2 lbs of good, quality, organic, ground Turkey
1 chopped onion (diced)
2 stalks chopped celery (diced)
1 tsp. of chopped garlic
1/2 package of gluten free brown gravy mix
garlic sat and pepper to taste
2 tblsp. of water (keeps it moist)

Mix well and form in a loaf pan and bake at 375 degrees until done (about 40 minutes)

**you can add tomato sauce or even ketchup(if you like that) to the top, but if tomatoes are a no no on your diet, then just skip that part and make the other half of the gravy mix and pour on top.

I then baked sweet potatoes and make mixed greens to go with it and you would have thought my hubby was eating a steak dinner by the oohs and ahhhs I was getting from him!

I hope you enjoy this as much as we have and thanks for coming!! See you next time!

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Jackie, I read your Blog about Graves Disease and the Storm, I was diagnosed March 25th 2016, I lost my ability to walk, lost over 35lbs, lost hair,My Thyroid was Removed and Yes! still trying to find the right Dose! I was at an Appointment Tuesday and got so sick, Thank you for your story, its great to see REAL People being candid about this, I'm still learning, and still having issues yet YOUR story is inspiring. Again Thank you

    ReplyDelete