Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Last weeks menu and some of my food choices


     Changing my diet to heal my body has been a bit of a challenge, it's only been a week and I'm sure I'll have plenty more challenges as time goes by with keeping it all healthy and interesting so that we aren't eating the same thing all the time. No one wants to eat the same thing all the time and keeping it healthy and yummy too are hard at best, but so far, I've managed to not only impress my hubby, but myself too! I say that because I am a food lover and food is just one of those magical things that makes us so happy and content and it also brings us all together. Well...we can still have all that, we just have to change our way of thinking, you know attitude is everything...right?? We also have to change what we are putting into our bodies so that our bodies are happier and when that happens...well...that's a beautiful thing...we are happier and healthier and we have more energy and are able to do whatever it is that we need to do.

     Last weeks dinner menu went like this:

Lime Cilantro Chicken with brown rice and Brussels sprouts.

Turkey meatloaf with sweet potatoes and green peas.

Cabbage Rolls with roasted carrots.

Shrimp and asparagus stir fry with lentils and Brown rice

Lemon Chicken Picatta with capers and brown rice and green peas.

Fried Cod with Broccoli slaw..

There are lots of veggies (I love green peas) and brown rice is a good filler that goes with everything. I'm moving on to Tinkyada brown rice pasta next week to see how I like it, but mostly veggies, turkey, fish, and chicken are my main things to eat, mostly because that is what I like..

I am not doing red meat or sugar because my Cholesterol is a little on the high side and I want to get it lowered naturally. I love salads, but cannot have tomatoes with Hashimoto's right now and that makes me sad...

     Here is what I can have on the AIP Diet:

This list is courtesy of PaleoLeap.com

Some of these I will not eat and some I will...I have I am trying to tailor this to fit all of my needs which are Gluten free, no sugar, dairy, corn, white potatoes, or any nightshades because of my Hashimotos..it's been a challenge to incorporate all of these things, but I am still working at it..If you have Hashimoto's, please lookup what nightshades are and how to eliminate them from your diet...some people have taken them out and reintroduced them to their diets again after awhile and have had no problems...I will do another post on nightshades.

Meat
Beef, pork, lamb, veal, rabbit, goat, sheep, horse, bison, wild boar, …

Get the PDF

Paleo Food List PDF
Just enter your email below to get the PDF for the Paleo Food List:

Game meat

Deer, pheasant, bear, moose, woodcock, elk, duck, rabbit, reindeer, wild turkey …

Poultry

Chicken, turkey, duck, quail, goose, …

Fish

Salmon, tuna, trout, bass, halibut, sole, haddock, turbot, walleye, tilapia, cod, flatfish, grouper, mackerel, anchovy, herring, …

Shellfish

Crab, lobster, shrimps, scallops, clams, oysters, mussels, …

Fats

Avocados, avocado oil, olive oil, coconut oil, butter, clarified butter (ghee), lard, tallow, duck fat, veal fat, lamb fat, fatty fishes (sardines, mackerel, salmon), nut butters, nut oils (walnut, macadamia), coconut flesh, coconut milk, …

Eggs

Chicken eggs, duck eggs, goose eggs, quail eggs, …

Vegetables

Celery, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, leeks, kohlrabi, green onions, eggplants, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, cucumber, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, artichokes, okra, avocados, …

Green leafy vegetables

Lettuce, spinach, collard greens, kale, beet top, mustard greens, dandelion, swiss chard, watercress, turnip greens, seaweeds, endive, arugula (rocket), bok choy, rapini, chicory, radicchio…

Root vegetables

Carrots, beets, turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, sweet potatoes, radish, jerusalem artichokes, yams, cassava, …

Winter squash

Butternut squash, spaghetti squash, acorn squash, pumpkin, buttercup squash, …

Summer squash

Zucchini, yellow summer squash, yellow crookneck squash, …

Fruits

Bananas, apples, oranges, berries (strawberry, cranberry, cranberry, blueberry, blackberry), grapefruit, pears, peaches, nectarines, plums, pomegranates, pineapple, papaya, grapes, cantaloupe, cherries, apricot, water mellon, honeydew mellon, kiwi, lemon, lime, lychee, mango, tangerine, coconut, figs, dates, passion fruit, persimmon, …

Nuts and seeds

Pistachios, Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds (pepitas), pecans, walnuts, pine nuts, macadamia nuts, chestnuts, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts

Mushrooms

Button mushroom, portabello, oyster mushroom, shiitake, chanterelle, crimini, porcini, morel…

Fresh and dried herbs

Parsley, thyme, lavender, mint, basil, rosemary, chives, tarragon, oregano, sage, dill, bay leaves, coriander, …

Spices and others

Ginger, garlic, onions, black pepper, hot peppers, star anise, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, cayenne pepper, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, paprika, vanilla, cloves, chilies, …

     With all of this "said" I hope I haven't confused you too much, I am still learning and will happily take ay and all suggestions. I will also post  my recipes in my next blog!

Thanks for being here with me on my journey and here's to our health!


No comments:

Post a Comment